Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 4 WiP

This week we had to do a heavy vs light ball bounces, I am trying my hardest to stay away from youtube and other video references from online sources, if and only if I can do the task at hand on my own. This is so I can get a better understanding of what is truly happening. Also my mentor brought up some good points about when using video references from the internet you won't really know what fps it was shot at.

I used this rubber bouncing ball from the vending machines you can find at grocery stores, and when I watched it bounce I came to realize that the ball had a seam that stuck out which would cause the ball to bounces in a different pattern every time. I thought this was a great characteristic to show how random the ball can be, but improvising it into the animation didn't work for other who left feedback and felt it should go forward and finish the bounces unless it hits another object. So after putting in my keys in Maya I change it so much trying to make it work with the frame limit.


Here is my pencil timing test done before I actually touch the computer.
I spent around two days prepping to get to this point



Here is what I handed in for this week





This is all the changes I made until the final version



On a end note I was able to watch Captain America this weekend, and it was a great film. Also watched Waking Sleeping Beauty which is also an awesome film and recommend it for those who love the Disney movies or if you are wanting to be an Animator and just a fan of the arts.


until next week

2 comments:

  1. very good, I like your comment about staying away from online resources for references

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christoper, I feel in these early stages it will be easier but if I want to do something out of my league like dancing then I will search for various versions of what I am trying to accomplish.

    =]

    ReplyDelete