Saturday, May 25, 2013

dusting this thing off

  So I realize I haven't posted since class 5, well I finish Animation Mentor from January to March my final mentor for the character program was Kevin Koch. This guy has a wealth of knowledge about animation and I highly recommend taking a class or lecture with him.
  Animation Mentor has change their program so I am one of the last one to do this version of Animation Mentor, but the changes are awesome!! Because of this my next thoughts, about the experiences won't even compared to future AM classes.
  Overall the experience was great and I recommend AM to anyone wanting to improve their skills in 3d animation. One of the biggest challenges have been doing AM while having a family and working full-time while animating part time. It was easy to start because the animation exercise weren't as demanding, but by the time I got to class 6 I had a workflow from work to playtime with the kids and spending many nights animating and not sleeping (POWER NAPS FTW). One thing to anyone reading this that has a family and working FT, its very important if you are planning to do a program like AM to have great time management.
  If you are pondering, "hey where's the reel" well I am still working on it, and would like to not show it till all the shots are polish, maybe in another month or so.

=)



No comments:

Post a Comment