Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 8 "walks" & Rango QnA

This last week we had to do a walk cycle, but just not any kind of walk cycle a vanilla walk cycle. Holy-crap this was harder then eating a mud pie with worms for toppings. I quote my mentor "it is easier to make a caricature type walk then it is to keep it a vanilla walk." I think also at the same time it was kind of easy, cause this is just blocking so I am only really working with 5 frames/poses, then recreating them for the rest of the walks. The stu pose was suppose to be strength, I don't know if I nailed it.


There was a special QnA with two animators from Rango this past weekend, that was awesome they gave a lot of info on things that they animated. One of the best things was talking about character design, and how they can help or make you work for great animation. They also gave such great insight about the industry.
This movie is in my top 5 favorite 3d feature films, and if you haven't seen it go rent it or buy it. You might find yourself thinking "what the, did they just say that?" in a funny kind of way. They give a lot of reference to western flicks so if you like that stuff you will love this.
Enjoy

Strong Pose



Walk Cycle

1 comment: